Spaghetti Squash & Spinach with Garlic Roasted Hummus
Spaghetti Squash & Spinach
1 spaghetti squash
16 oz spinach
1/2 c water
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and roast in 1/2 c water at 400 for 35-40 minutes or until the inside of the squash is soft.
- Allow squash to cool & remove innards with a fork to get long spaghetti strands
- Combine spaghetti squash with olive oil, salt and pepper and lightly saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add rinsed, chopped spinach and saute for 2-3 more minutes
Garlic Roasted Hummus
2 cans of chickpeas
1/2 c tahini
1 whole garlic
- Rinse chickpeas and cook in water for 20 minutes or until soft but not mushy.
- Roast 1 garlic in olive oil (Cut tip of garlic off, drizzle olive oil over garlic including the tips, cover with foil and roast for 25-30 minutes on 350 or until soft.)
- Let chickpeas cool.
- Combine all ingredients in small batches in food processor, add water if mixture is too thick.
|My mom's plate served with some naan.|
The next day we had leftover makings of hummus & I added an avocado for
Garlic Roasted Avocado Spinach. Whoa!
|Added steamed spinach & brown rice for MJ's lunch.|
|Melted some Mozzarella Daiya on Whole Wheat sandwich thins w/ raw Spinach and Avocado Hummus for my dad.|