Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday Cooking

New Foods: Beets, Beet Greens, Plantains

Breakfast: Banana Apple Muffins & Applesauce

Mashed bananas, apple sauce, oat flour, flaxseed + water, cinnamon



Baking!




All done.


Lunch: Beet Burgers
I'm not a huge fan of beets and I thought that I wouldn't like these...but they are DELICIOUS! Thank goodness I got an extra bunch of beets because I'm going to need to make more. Wow!! I made a few revisions to the original recipe, but it still turned out great (no almond butter & no breadcrumbs).




Shredded beets, brown basamati rice, lentils
 


After pulsing in the food processor it totally looks like ground beef!



Top with an avocado. Yum!



Dinner: Kidney Beans with Collards, Beet Greens, Plantains & Brown Basamati Rice

I didn't even intend to use beet greens, but I didn't have enough collards so I improvised. They were delicious though and I sprinkled a little lemon pepper on them.

Sauteed collards & beet greens



Plantains sauteed in coconut oil








Mixed together.



Dinner is served.

No comments:

Post a Comment