Monday, August 13, 2012

Tofu Frittata

Another tofu creation! I was at the library last week and stumbled upon the cookbook, "Vegan Brunch" by the woman who co-authored one of my favorite cookbooks Veganomicon. Of course I had to check it out to see what quick, delicious recipes it contained! I have flagged a few, but the first one to catch my eye was the recipe for 'Tofu Frittatas,' because I had all the ingredients already! It was very quick and simple to make and most importantly MJ has been gobbling these up all week. I'd call them a success :)

Ingredients
 8 oz pkg tofu (drained & pressed)  
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4c vegan mozzarella (I used daiya shreds)
1c spinach
1/2 onion
1 red pepper
2 tbsp rice milk





Directions:
  • Press tofu for 30-60min
  • Heat oven to 350
  • Chop spinach, onions and pepper
  • Combine all other ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth
  • Mix spinach, onions and peppers into the tofu mix
  • Scoop into greased mini muffin pans
  • Cook for 20-30 minutes (until tops are browned and frittata is firm)





No comments:

Post a Comment