1 large sweet potato
2 cans pinto beans
2 tbsp tahini (can substitute peanut butter)
2 tsp agave
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
dash of cayenne
1/4 cup wheat flour
panko crumbs (I used almost the whole box, so you need a lot!)
|A little help mashing from our friend Morgan|
- Bake sweet potato on a cookie pan for 35 minutes at 450 or until soft.
- Peel & mash in a bowl.
- Mash drained beans into sweet potato.
- Add seasonings and flour and mash together.
- Mixture should be soft, but able to form patties. If necessary add extra flour.
- Coat patties in breadcrumbs.
- Add oil to the pan and cook patties until browned on both sides.
- Let cool.
- Then devour.
|Pan frying (L: done on one side, R: uncooked)|
|MJ's burger topped with a little mashed avocado|
|Grown-up burger: On a whole wheat sandwich thin with Romaine, sliced Avocado, Honey Dijon & Sriracha.|