Monday, October 8, 2012

Taco Pizza

I worked my first Tiny Chefs birthday party on Saturday and although it was work I had so much fun! The girls had a great time too and although quite a few claimed that they "hated beans" they devoured all their taco pizzas. The recipe looked so good that as soon as I left I headed for the grocery store to make my own versions of the pizza. Saturday night quick comfort food this recipe is quick, easy and delicious.

The pizza we made at the party had ground meat on it, so I omitted that and made both vegan and vegetarian pizzas that were pretty well received, as in no leftovers! I will definitely be making this again (maybe this week even).


Refried beans spread on dough.

Ingredients
1 can of vegetarian refried beans
1 premixed pizza dough (got ours from Harris Teeter)
Mozzarella Daiya (vegan) or "Mexican" shredded cheese mix

Optional Toppings
Vegan Sour Cream
Salsa
Lettuce
Tomatoes





Vegan pizza ready to bake.



Vegetarian pizza done.



Vegan pizza done.


 Directions:

  • Roll out pizza dough
  • Spread refried beans over dough (leaving about 1 in from the edge)
  • Add Daiya/cheese
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is browned.
  • Let cool and then add toppings.


MJ's slice topped with salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment