Adapted from My Vegan Cookbook
|Rolled Out Dough|
1/2c baked sweet potato
3/4c almond milk
1 1/4c whole wheat flour
3/4c spelt flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp canola oil
|Our friend helping us cut out the biscuits.|
|One sheet going in to bake.|
- Bake sweet potato and mash.
- Mix together almond milk and vinegar in a small bowl and let sit to curdle.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Puree/blend sweet potato and almond milk mixture.
- Add sweet potato blend to dry ingredients.
- Add oil to dough and hands, then kneed.
- Spread dough out on floured surface to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut dough into circles with a cookie cutter (or a cup like we did)
- Bake in oven on 350 for 12-15 minutes or until browned on top.
|Ready to Eat!|