Saturday, March 10, 2012

Restaurant Review: Chix DC

Chix DC

2019 11th Street Northwest [U St Corridor]
Washington, DC 20001
(202) 234-2449 


MJ and I were meeting some friends for lunch and even though Chix is clearly a restaurant known for their chicken I decided to check it out after perusing their menu and seeing their positive yelp reviews. I had initially intended to order the roasted sweet potatoes but they didn't have any :( so I ordered MJ the black bean hummus, which he ate entirely by himself and then dozed off satisfied

I ordered the veggie wrap and although I didn't get to eat it until I got home it was delicious in every way. The veggies were fresh and the avocado vinaigrette was so flavorful. Our friends ordered the 1/4 chicken and the chicken wrap both with a side of black beans and rice. They both really enjoyed the black beans and rice and their consensus was that the 1/4 chicken was much better than the wrap.

Chix also is a green restaurant and uses environmentally friendly products, composts their waste and offers many organic options. The atmosphere inside the converted rowhouse was friendly and casual and the prices were great.

The downside, not really the best place to have brought my stroller, but I knew that in advance from the yelp review, however, it wasn't crowded so we had enough room. It also was very cold in the upstairs, although it has been warm it was pretty chilly today and the space heater definitely didn't provide much comfort to us.

(I rated it 4 out of 5 stars on Yelp)


http://www.chixdc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment