Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fun World of Finger Foods

Although I enjoy making my own finger foods for Marley (cubed & steamed veggies are a favorite of his), it isn't always convenient when we are on the go. When looking at the snack selection in the baby food aisle one thing I noticed was that the majority of baby finger foods contain wheat. Major no-no for MJ. There are however a few snacks (intended for babies) and others that I have found that MJ really loves.

Baby Mum-Mums


http://www.mummums.com/
Organic rice biscuits
The shape is great for starting finger foods and dissolves easily in baby's mouth.
(One issue I had with these is that they do contain sugar, but when I tasted them it wasn't overpowering.)








Earth's Best Pop Snax
http://www.earthsbest.com/organic-baby-food/toddler-food/pop-snax
Air popped rice and potato snack
(Earth's Best is a brand I trust when I do buy jarred baby food so I was comfortable trying the snacks, they are intended for toddlers, but when your baby has developed the pincer grip they are a good snack.)








Veggie Chips/Sticks

 These can usually be found in the "health" section (at least at my grocery store), but check the nutrition facts for added salt, etc.
www.nuts.com
Have great salt-free chips/sticks that can easily be broken into small pieces for baby.







I'm sure there are other brands/options on the shelf, but these have been good on-the-go snacks for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment